Current interests include: Hatoful Boyfriend, Dangan Ronpa, Telltale's TWAU and TWD, and zombies. All the zombies.
If you want me to see anything, I track the tag dktragonizer
just replaced my “dogs” tag with “it’s dog”. this was an important announcement, thank you for your time.
1. They are stopping people from giving blood to protestors who are bleeding out
2. They are forcing doctors not to report number of deaths and injuries
3. They have hit people with real steel bullets instead of rubber one’s
4. They are sending severely injured people home without giving them proper treatment
wait what the fuck’s happening in Pakistan
What’s going on: Protests, basically. It started off as a long march called the Azadi or Freedom march by PTI led by Imran Khan an opposition party in the parliament and the Inqalaab or Revolution march by PAT led by Tahir-ul-Qadri, a non entity in the parliament but someone who can pull crowds to himself. The march went from Lahore to Islamabad, the Pakistani capital, where they gave (and are still giving) a dharna, which I think is a sit in in English. These were all peaceful protests and the sit in was peaceful until yesterday, when the protesters started going toward the prime minister house after failed negotiations (and a lot more) and well, they weren’t allowed to go far because the police went in with tear gas, rubber bullets, and also in one instance, actual bullets. This has resulted in about upwards of 200 injuries and 7 people dead, 2 are critical, obviously again these are premature numbers and there’s likely to be a lot more.
Now, WHY: Simply, the march happened because of allegations of rigging in the general election of 2013 that led to Nawaz Sharif, head of the PML-N to come to power. The Lahore Incident, which is linked here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Lahore_clash), read up. Generally, also non responsiveness to valid rigging allegations, and no sign of opening up areas where these allegations exist. A lot more.
This is a very, very basic thing. I skipped military intervention in talks, the sit in was on going for two weeks, a lot more basis for the march, the entry into the Red Zone, more events. You can google and keep up with this and ask me more questions if you’re still confused. This is also an on going situation.
Live Streams from the Protests in Islamabad (Urdu):
- Important Update via Al Jazeera: Pakistan army intervenes in political crisis
- The Express Tribune: The Umpire Strikes Back
- Dawn: When failure is victory
- Lal Khan’s Columns for the Daily Times
- Newsweek: Police Clash with PTI/PAT Protesters in Islamabad
- Dawn: Violent Clashes Continue as Protesters Surround Parliament
- AFP: 230 injured as police clash with protesters in Islamabad
- Reuters: Pressure mounts on Pakistan leader to quit as protests continue
- The New York Times: Pakistan, Its Own Worst Enemy (opinion piece, take with a pinch of salt)
- The Wall Street Journal: Police, Protesters Clash Near Pakistan Prime Minister’s Residence
- The Washington Post: Did a ‘soft coup’ just happen in Pakistan?
- Guardian: Political crisis in Pakistan as media, politics and the military join the fray
- BBC News: Pakistan protesters clash with Islamabad police
- The Telegraph: Police clash with protesters trying to storm Pakistan PM’s house
- Al Jazeera English: Pakistan crisis: scores injured in protests
hello potion seller. I’m going into battle, and I need only your strongest potions
Bring socks!!!! #homeless #donate #homelessness
As are toiletries!
I would also advice NOT to buy wool socks because yes, they are warm, but wool shrinks very easily, some people are allergic to wool, and wet wool is one of the most uncomfortable things in the world.
Thick cotton socks would be best, they’d last the longest and be the easiest to take care of and clean.
Cotton is best. Always cotton
I feel the need to STRESS the necessity of socks. For the event AMOK through Random Acts this year, we went to DTLA to pass out donations. At one point we basically ran out and some of us broke off from the group to buy some more items. We ended up at a convenience store that had two boxes of cotton socks. We bought them and as we were walking one man asked us if we had socks. And we said “Yes.” and gave him a pair and then suddenly we were surrounded by individuals all asking for socks. We were out of socks in a few moments. I can say from personal experience that socks were the most important article of clothing that they wanted.
And as far as toiletries go, tampons. TAMPONS AND PADS. One woman was so excited, gracious, and thankful to receive tampons and pads, as it is a donation that seems to be overlooked. So please, of donations that could be given, while all articles of clothing and food and other necessities are more than welcome, socks and tampons and pads are largely needed.
Anita Sarkeesian, whose excellent Tropes vs Women in Video Games series is an important contribution to the discussion of gender and games, has been driven from her home by enraged male gamers whose stalking, and explicit, credible threats of sexual violence against her and her family convinced her to go into hiding.
In so doing, these men have ably demonstrated the point Sarkeesian sought to make all along: that gaming is riddled with misogynistic violence, and that this violence reflects a real-world misogyny rampant within the gaming world.
Trolls drive Anita Sarkeesian out of her house to prove misogyny doesn’t exist [Adi Robertson/The Verge]
TWISTA’S BUST SHOT SKETCHES AND WRITING COMMISSIONS!!!
After a lot of thinking and waiting, I’ve decided to open up commissions! With college being so expensive, move-in date a little more than a month ahead of me, and having no job this summer because of conflicting orientation schedules and other things, I’m going to need any money I can get for spending while I’m there! As such, I’m offering two types of commissions: bust shot sketches and writing.
REFERENCES MUST BE PROVIDED FOR BOTH WRITING AND SKETCH COMMISSIONS!
The Breakdown: Drawing
I will basically draw anything, but please note that I am not comfortable drawing animals/anthros/creatures, fictional or otherwise (i.e. Deathclaws from Fallout, Rarity from My Little Pony, etc.), “real-life” characters (i.e. Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, Dean from Supernatural, Spock from Star Trek, etc. However, I WILL draw “realistic” characters from games, like Mass Effect, Dishonored, etc., and I will draw humanized versions of species of characters if given a face claim), or anyone younger than a teenager. I will draw NSFW art.
- Basic sketch (any pen color ink, uncolored, example 1), one character busts are $5. A “monochrome” version of this (example 2), is available free of charge.
- Any additional character, interacting or otherwise (example 3), is an additional $2, up to three (3) characters.
- A more complex colored version (examples 4, 5, and 6) is an additional $2. There is no charge per character for coloring, nor is there a charge for a solid color background or working with a specific color palette; the extra two bucks will cover all the colors for all your characters!
- A canvas of basic, uncolored sketches only is $15 (no examples; sorry!). These canvases are set at 6.67”x6.67” at 300 dpi, and I can get about a total of 12-15 sketches on it. You can request as many characters as you want, but remember that there’s only limited space for me to work! Smaller canvases with multiple characters can be discussed in a personal message.
The Breakdown: Writing
Much like drawing, I will basically write anything, the exceptions being “real-life shipping” (i.e. the members in One Direction), and anything that discriminates or intends to harm a specific person, race, sexuality, etc. I will write characters that are racist/sexist/etc., but these traits will only be included if they’re relevant to the story. I will write NSFW. Examples of my writing are in my writing tag!
- The cost is $3 for 500 words, up to a story of 3,000 words; anything greater than 3,000 words, it’s $5 for 1,000 words.
- When requesting a story, please be as specific as possible not only to what you want (either scene for scene, or a conflict with specific details you want in the story), but also about the characters themselves.
- There is no such thing as too much detail; the more you tell me, the easier it is for me to capture a character the way you want me to. Tell me speech patterns, tell me headcanons, tell me their personalities, tell me literally anything that comes to mind.
My email (both personal and PayPal) is firstname.lastname@example.org! Feel free to send me an email or an ask/fanmail if you’re interested or have any questions.
Thank you for any support you can provide! <3
Let’s try this again!
My name is Larime Taylor, and I’m a cartoonist. That’s the official, fancy term for someone who writes and illustrates their own comics, as opposed to just writing or penciling or coloring. I do the entire book, from script to finished, lettered pages, at the rate of 2-4 finished pages a day, which I’m told is pretty fast.
I also do it all with my mouth.
I was born with Arthrogryposis, a birth defect that leaves me with my joints in locked positions and little-to-no use of my arms and legs. I’ve been drawing by mouth since I was little, and have a professional background as a caricature artist. I’ve only made the jump to doing my own comics in the last year when my first issue was published by Top Cow/Image in November of 2013.
My book, A VOICE IN THE DARK, started as a Kickstarter to help me do a self-published pilot of sorts and get a publisher, and it worked. I got picked up by Top Cow, a part of Image Comics. Despite nearly universal rave reviews (<—- read them at the link!), however, sales are languishing. That’s largely because I’m a new creator, I’ve never worked at Marvel or DC, and few people know who I am.
It’s also in part because my book was black and white (the next mini will be in color), and features a predominantly female cast of characters, many of color, and with realistic body types instead of hyper-sexualized fap material.
Here’s a bit about the book:
Some people become killers.
Zoey was born that way.
Ever since she can remember, Zoey Aarons has felt the urge to kill. For eighteen years she resisted those urges and fought to be someone better than her base instincts would allow. In a moment of weakness and anger, however, she let go and took a life. That hazy Seattle summer day still haunts her, and as she begins college far away from home, she’s afraid that she will kill again.
She’s right to be afraid.
Instead of leaving that fateful day behind her and starting a new life as a college freshman, Zoey’s about to be tested and face temptation in ways far greater than she could ever imagine. The prestigious women’s college that she’s attending on a full academic scholarship is in Cutter’s Circle, California, and Cutter’s Circle has a dirty little secret: it has the highest population of serial killers in the country. The town is up to its proverbial severed head in murderers.
If you’re familiar with the movie HEATHERS, it’s a major influence. The book is dark, but it’s also funny. Here’s a trailer for the first volume, written in the same tongue-in-cheek sense of humor as the comic.
Zoey is of mixed-race, her black uncle is an openly gay homicide detective, her best friend from high school is an Asian lesbian, her dormmates range from a bubbly blonde sorority girl to an Hispanic business major to a bisexual goth-punk. I don’t write diverse characters as a checklist, they are bits and pieces of people I know or grew up with. They’re living, breathing characters.
So other than trying to spread the word, why am I posting this? Because as I said earlier, sales are dwindling and the book is nearing a tipping point. If they drop much more I’ll have to abandon it. I believe in this book, and I’m giving you a link to issue #1 (<—- click the link!) for free. It’s a double-sized issue, too. Decide if you like it, and if you do, here’s what you can do:
CALL or GO INTO your local comic shop and order the trade. The order number is APR140534. Don’t get it at Amazon, tell your comic book store there are readers. Monthlies aren’t sold on Amazon, and monthlies are how I make a living.
CALL or GO INTO your local comic shop and order the first two issues of the next volume. The order numbers are JUL140458, and AUG140691.
If you really want to see more diversity in comics, it starts with supporting the books that are already trying to make a difference. I’m not the only one. RACHEL RISING, GENIUS, CONCRETE PARK and many other great books about strong women and people of color are out there and they need your support. We’re all struggling.
Without it, we’ll have to close up shop.